Tuesday, June 5, 2018

My Windows 98 SE PC From 1998

Hello dear readers! This time in my 6th post I will be writing about my 1998 Windows 98 SE PC.
I got it last year for free at a garage sale and it came with: a CRT monitor, a keyboard, and the PC itself.



                                                Here's a few pictures of it:

                                                           
                                   
                                       Booting up                                       Windows 98 Logo
                                               
The PC's specs are: 256MB PC133 ram, Pentium  2 processor and Windows 98 SE and a 4GB hard drive.


(Note: the computers graphics card is 64mb and is at 16 colours and at the resolution 640x480p) 
                 


                                                            Anyway moving on:


                                                    The story on how I got a 1998 desktop for free


Me and my dad were garage-sale hunting when we came across a house (the garage sale). As we were parking the car my Dad said to me: ''Look over there! there's an old computer!'' so I went over to have a look I was very surprised to see an old PC sitting there I asked one of the garage sales owners how much for it and he said: ''Ahh you can have it.'' I was very happy and thankful as I carried the million kilo monitor to the car. When I got home I plugged it in with the power cable that came with it. The picture was blank and I was disappointed with it. About a month or two later the tower was sitting in the corner of my room gathering dust so I decided to test it again. But to my surprise the screen turned on! I was super happy about it working I rushed into the lounge telling my parents the it worked. They were happy for me to have a computer to have fun with and use. I quickly untangled a PS/2 mouse from a bunch of cables in my brick-a-brack box and plugged it in. It worked fine! I was really happy by then and used it for about 3 hours not watching the time (whoops!). I got CD-ROM games to play and had lots of fun with it. Until I got a 2005 Windows XP pc and then neglected it. But soon turned back because it was VERY slow.


                                             THANKS FOR READING!
           

2 comments: