Monday, June 4, 2018

1948 'Bruce D Mann' Watch

Hello Everyone! This time I will be writing about my 1948  'Bruce D Mann' watch!



                                                           
                                                  This is my Watch & Nokia E71


                                                           This is how i got it:

It was a Sunday, and my Dad an I were looking for something to do, because an Anzac parade was on and they had blocked the roads off so the only way to get home was an 10-15 minute drive AROUND the bridge. My Dad spotted a sign about a clear out nearby so we headed that way (also the way home to) when we went there I was surprised about the location (a butter factory) and when we went inside I was VERY excited because there was antiques and boxes of: books, glass cups, cheap water-proof phone bags, and brick-a-brack. I found a Nokia E71 in a phone bag and I wanted it but I thought I could not keep it because it was part of the box (the box was like $15) but later he gave it to me for free! 
I loved the place (but soon loved it more you will find out if you keep reading) Dad and I were both looking at a box of card games and pottery and junk when I saw a watch band I read the back of it and guess what it said...18KT Gold! I showed it to my Dad and he said: 'get it' so I asked how much for the box and he said $10. So I bought it home checked the computer (to see the price it was worth) and found nothing at all on the web. I kept it for a while and then FINALLY listed it so it was out of the way for me. Back to the subject, I found the 1948 Bruce D Mann watch inside the box and i was amazed to find out it was 70 years old! I tested it and to my surprise it worked! Later I was walking around trying to look for more stuff when i got into a conversation with the owner of the stuff in the boxes when he said: ''Do you like laptops'' and I said: ''yes!'' So he said: ''I have a couple of laptops around the back, you can have if you want'' So I was super happy about that. (and one of them is the laptop on my introduction post) The laptop still works fine but I didn't know that until a few days later when i found the charger for it in a free stuff box. 


                        So That's The Story On How I got My 
                     
                                              1948 Bruce D Mann Watch... 

                           THANKS FOR READING!                                  

No comments:

Post a Comment