Wednesday, June 13, 2018

My Sony Handycam From 1998

Hello dear Readers! Today I will be writing about my Sony Handycam from 1998. I got this camera last year for $10 (was $15 but I haggled it down).



                                                Here's a photo of it:



                           
It's in basically in mint condition with only on scratch i know of. It has been for sale on eBay for $220. 

                                             Here's The Story On How I Got My Camera

I was at the local tip/junk yard and was looking for cameras (because I had found only a week or so before two vintage video cameras for 5 bucks) and I stopped at a bag, a camera bag to be precise. I went over to it and opened it up. I was very surprised. ''Dad'' I whispered ''There's an old Sony Handycam over there! ''But its $15'' He whispered back. I said to him: ''Yeah but there expensive cameras though'' (In the end I bought it. But my parents thought I had bought a piece of rubbish) When I got home I got it inside and plugged it in. It was working fine with battery holding charge like a BEAST. Once I had brought it to a wildlife park for my sister's birthday. About 2/5 months later I get it out of my wardrobe to find it had only lost about 1/4 blocks of charge! I was very happy that I had a camera I could trust to bring on car trips and days out. And now I have only charged it about 4-5 times since I got it.


                                        Thank You HandyCam!

No comments:

Post a Comment